Thursday, October 21, 2010

Walking in my sleep

I have been a sleep walker and talker my whole life. When I was little my dad found me sleepwalking and I was attempting to open a sliding glass door that would have ultimately lead to my death. Our home had recently had a deck taken off of it and had I been successful at opening the door I would have fallen about twenty feet. There are many other instances when I have woken up crying or yelling. I have had entire conversations with people both in person and on the telephone. My sleep weirdness seemed to get under control in the last couple of years which I attribute to finding an effective concoction of medication.
Last night however I had an experience that was very bizzare. I woke up because my body had crashed to the floor. I was laying on top of my fan trying to figure out what the hell had happened. As I came to life I tasted pennies which let me know my mouth had blood in it. I licked my lips and felt a small flap of skin sticking up. I tried to assess the situation as bed I could. I curled up in bed with some wet tissue on my lip. I later went to the kitchen to get a drink and saw that many ingredients of my fridge were on the floor on front of my fridge.  I do not know what was happening or what led me to fall. I know that I fell. I didn't trip. I have no idea what was going on but sleep walking is a crazy business.

No comments:

Post a Comment