Friday, July 22, 2011

Top Chef

In the last couple of years I have really started to love cooking. I don't have a lot of things that I can whip up but what I do make I make well (I still can't bake). One thing we knew we wanted to do on this trip is taking a cooking class and we finally accomplished our goal the other day. We started in the morning with a trip to the market to get all of our fresh veg. Then went to the cooking school to begin. Our instructor was really wacky and the course overall was really laid back even though it was fast paced. We created a few dishes in the morning to have for lunch. My green curry didn't turn out nearly as tasty as it should have but I know it will after I get to make my own paste (or find a tasty one to buy). The other recipes will need to be tweeked too but overall I am proud of what I created.
Our overall menu was:
  • Green Curry Chicken
  • Fish Souffle in a banana leaf cup
  • Stir fried Chicken with Cashew nut
  • Thai style fish cake
  • Sweet and Sour lemongrass soup
  • Spring Rolls
  • Pad Thai (Thai noodles)
  • Steamed whole pumpkin with custard filling
IMG_9481
Top Chefs

A+ students
My fish souffle

clockwise from top: Green Curry Chicken, Sweet and Sour Lemongrass soup,
Cashew nut Chicken, Fish Souffle, Fish Cakes

Liz and I making our spring rolls

Very proud of my Pad Thai

No comments:

Post a Comment