Thursday, June 3, 2010

it's been a while

It was pointed out to me recently how infrequently i've been blogging. I have today off from school and decided that catching up on contact with the western world would be a good use of time. So let me see... Well first of all I am once again healthy and doing well. I am in a new wonderful apartment and love my little area of Seoul. For all that I went through I do really enjoy my students and my job much more than my previous school. For Buddha's birthday celebration some friends and I went to the Lotus Lantern parade it was a parade where all of the floats were made of rice paper. It was beautiful and gave me a lot of goosebumps. This fire breathing dragon was awesome as you can tell by Liz's expression.


The next weekend we continued the celebration with a trip to the Beach Love Motel on Deokjeokdo island off of the coast of Incheon. We had a wonderful time and were able to create a number of inside jokes and a ferry load of memories.

Before I left Korea in February Liz, Carl Laura and I decided to compete in the 10 shot challenge at Beer O'Clock. Take 10 shots in one night and don't vomit. Success gets you a plaque on the wall. The first time it was a blast we has a wonderful time.. Success a second time gets you a free t- shirt so of course we went back and this time it was not so fun. Not at all. GWOOSSSS.
A video of our island vacation and our trip to Beer O'Clock will soon follow. What to look fo in upcoming posts.... A trip back to Deokjeokdo, mini golf, white water rafting, my first football game, Korea Pride, Mika concert, What it's like to watch the world cup @ 3:30 am with a Brit, mud fest, woodstock korea, my 30th birthday and much much more. Stay Tuned...


 o

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts. I am glad things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete